Digital Risks is a rising star of insurance, leading member of the insurtech community, and saviour of digital businesses, with technology, products and a user experience built around their needs.
Driven by the inadequacy of insurance for tech and media innovators, we’ve rewritten the rule book, developing our own online platform and monthly subscription model - giving ultimate flexibility to fast-moving businesses.
Our ambitious customers have their eyes on scaling up and we want to be there with them. We're building market leading products and a forward-thinking team of insurance/techie hybrids, with the skills and industry knowledge to offer insurance that grows as our customers do.
It's insurance, but not as you know it. Forget legacy IT systems, clunky products and a bad user experience, we're implementing the latest technology and tools to completely reimagine how businesses interact with their insurance.
In just a couple of years, we’ve built a loyal band of customers, a brand that punches above its weight and raised substantial funding to fuel our ambitious growth plans.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our small but super talented team has done great things in the last two years, defining our market, developing our portfolio of products, building our community and attracting some glowing customer reviews. Now, we’re ready for the next phase of our journey, with some top investors on board and ambitious plans to scale our offering, both in the UK and beyond.
To help us get there, we’re on the hunt for a passionate and energetic Sales Director to scope out and engage new prospects, and drive the growth of our portfolio of larger, advised clients.
The ideal candidate will be a natural seller who loves spotting new opportunities and closing deals. This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly results driven, experienced and proactive self-starter.
Key deliverables and responsibilities will include:
- Establishing a scalable sales process for identifying and on-boarding new clients
- Generating new business leads
- Capitalise on all meetings and leads to win new business and generate revenue
- Working with our account managers to identify new products for our client's needs
- Collaborating with our technical and marketing teams to reach relevant audiences
- Being a leader, mentor, and team player!
Required skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years in similar level position
- Proven track record in developing and growing a profitable book of business
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with the ability to establish and implement business processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to listen to and analyse customer needs
- Organised, detailed-oriented and able to multi-task
Desirable skills and experience:
- A relevant insurance background
- Established network of existing relationships
- Experience selling to tech or media businesses
- Good understanding of the risks faced by tech or media businesses
- Professional and engaging public speaker with solid presentation skills
- Experience working in a start-up environment
We're committed to making Digital Risks an enjoyable and rewarding place to work. We've built a fantastic team so far, and believe hard work deserves real rewards:
- Competitive salary with regular reviews
- Equity package (EMI scheme) - offering real rewards for delivering business success
- Ability to develop and grow your career within the company
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays - work hard, play hard!
- Vitality private health and dental insurance
- Great pension (contributions up to 10% of salary)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Amazing team. Great founders. Supportive board and investors
- Apple computer and latest tech gear
- Fun, modern and informal office environment with regular team social events
- Central London location with the best lunch in town (Borough market!)