InstechLondon is a fast growing events, marketing and consulting business. We bring together companies and people with an interest in data, analytics and new technology in and around insurance. The company was started less than three years ago as an informal community and today has over 3,000 members and 60 paying clients and sponsors. We run evening events in London at least once a month, and frequently more. The three Instech.London partners have over 25 years experience in the insurance and technology industry and are widely known globally.
As a result of our growth, and strong revenues taking us into 2019, we need someone to help us in a full time role* to build and oversee our business operations. This will ensure that we operate efficiently and can scale the businesses, whilst continuing to service our clients and remain profitable.
This role will be ideal for someone who has gained experience working in other fast growing companies or organisations and who has a passion for creating efficient, scalable processes quickly and cheaply.
You will be highly organised with a focus on detail, but able to be pragmatic and practical and not let perfection get in the way of getting stuff done. You will be commercially orientated with an eye for new opportunities and managing costs.
We need someone that is able to act on their own initiative and who can show success in building and running operations for other companies. You will be comfortable with ambiguity, and have a strong “can do” attitude. You should be able to work with technology and understand the importance of creating efficient process through systems and people.
Instech.London relies heavily on expert independent contractors and freelancers to support the work we need to get done to run our events and manage the business. In addition, we identify evolving but proven technology solutions that we can use to build and support our systems and processes to reduce manual work. In addition to our events business we provide consulting and advisory work to our clients, and will be opening up new sources of revenue in the coming year.
During 2019 and 2020 we expect to build out a small core full time team, continuing to leverage part time staff and consultants.
We are offering the chance to join the company at an early stage in its development, but at a point where we have proved the viability of what we are doing. Your contribution will be vital to our success and you will have the opportunity to exercise your own leadership and skills in helping us build out the business in future years.
Experience of managing or running events will be useful, but not required.
- Ensure the systems and processes are in place, and functioning well to support the delivery of our events, client engagement and financial operations.
- Ensure that critical business needs are resourced with people and technology. Oversee recruitment and management of support staff and freelancers
- Deliver regular reports on key business metrics.
- Support the Instech.London partners in delivering key financial and membership growth goals.
- Oversee the financial management processes for the business, including accounts receivable and accounts payable, working in conjunction with external financial consultants and contractors.
- Oversee the implementation of marketing systems, maintenance and upgrades to the website, and effectiveness of IT systems.
- Ensure that the legal requirements of the company are being followed.
- Manage London work space and/or office
Salary, benefits and working arrangements
- Salary range is from £45,000 - £65,000 depending upon experience, with benefits.
- Work location will be central London EC3.
- This is a full time role*, with the need to work evenings 2 or 3 times in a month.
- 4 weeks holiday.
- We are able to offer flexible working hours and locations, with capacity to work from home for some of the time.
- More information about InsTech.London at https://www.instech.london/.
*We are willing to consider applications from candidates that wish to work 4 days per week rather than 5.