Insurance is a traditional industry, one of the last ones to be transformed by digital. We are going to change that by launching a ground-breaking insurance solution for SME clients using the latest technology. This is a start-up business and we are looking to form a small team who will set-up the business from scratch and run and support it through this initial stage to prove the concept. This is a rare opportunity to join an InsurTech business right from the start, especially one with the added resources of corporate backing.
We will be launching a new digital brand (Coverly). We are owned and are part of a leading independent financial services partner to UK businesses providing finance solutions such as factoring and invoice discounting. Our strategy is to extend to other financial services products and insurance is the latest venture. We have the unusual combination of the freedom and culture of a start-up, but with the backing of a corporate.
The purpose of this pivotal role is to provide oversight, management and content production for all of the marketing activity that is required to launch and grow our business, working with both a number of specialist external providers for external lead generation and the in-house marketing function at our parent company to maximize lead generation through their client base.
We have an existing digital agency who are creating our new brand and designing our innovative UX, and we have a growth hacking agency who are helping to define our marketing strategy, channel mix, messaging and activity to enable us to meet and exceed our targets.
Working with our suppliers, the role will be responsible for the operational delivery of promotional content across all channels of social media and digital platforms, and the coordination of all of our marketing activity across our agencies/business partners.
Our parent also have a number of clients to whom we can cross-sell insurance and we need to work with the group marketing team to put this marketing activity in place. We can also use group clients as lead generation partners as well. This role will also work with the in-house marketing team at our parent to bring that proposition together and be a key driver in the implementation and management of that activity.
The role will work closely alongside the Managing Director, Product Director, internal and external stakeholders.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
To plan and manage all marketing activity across internal and external stakeholders
To work with our external agencies ensuring timely delivery against budget
To represent our brand values and proposition across all marketing and communications
To create and manage content across social media & digital platforms
To use creative thinking in developing new, cost-effective marketing mechanisms e.g. PR
To manage internal cross-sell campaigns with internal BFS stakeholders
To challenge the norm as far as insurance marketing is concerned to help gain cut through in a hugely competitive marketplace
To ensure our marketing remains highly targeted to drive quality leads to ultimately hit sales targets
To work with our agency partners to track campaign analytics and monitor CPA targets
The Candidate should;
- be extremely positive, proactive, energetic and creative.
- ideally have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in digital marketing across a broad range of activities.
- have experience working in a start-up would be ideal but not essential for the right candidate.
- have an appreciation of the fact that insurance is a heavily regulated market, but Financial Services or Insurance experience is not necessary.
- Should have a track record of creating and managing marketing activity to directly drive sales.
- needs to be articulate, numerical, and quick thinking.
- should have a passion and deep understanding of digital and social media engagement & content publication.
- be very strong in their quality of spelling and grammar.
- have a good appreciation of technology.
We will be a small team to start with and it will be ‘all hands on deck’ to set-up this exciting new business – this person needs to be comfortable and excited about this sort of opportunity and be prepared to work under pressure to help launch the business and make it a success.
Essential knowledge and experience
• Degree or equivalent
• At least 2 year’s experience in a digital B2C or B2B (but small business) marketing role
• Knowledge and experience in digital marketing across a broad spectrum of media
• Marketing with strong acquisition outcomes