This is a new role heading up our talented and growing software development team and providing the wider business with confidence in, and predictability of, software delivery.
- Define, prioritise, plan and deliver all software, working closely with the CTO, Head of Software Architecture, Product Manager and Programme Manager.
- Lead, manage, develop and grow the team across both sites, increasing productivity, maintaining quality and providing individual growth opportunities whilst at the same time industrialising our practices.
- As the 'face of the tech team', keep the wider business informed and engaged in development process and progress.
- Be responsible for our market-leading website with online distribution and management of our own insurance products via the site.
- Lead on driving forward new initiatives, including implementing the policy administration system used by our customer service agents and building our Insurance API into a fully-fledged multi-tenant global SaaS capability.
You in our team
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A strong software development background with an interest in keeping up to date.
- Extensive experience in managing development teams with a strong customer ethos and a collaborative working culture.
- Extensive knowledge of software development methodologies and tools.
- Extensive experience of ecommerce site development.
- Extensive experience of back-end and API development
- Experience of significant AWS deployments, preferably server less.
- Experience of insurance, financial services or regulated industries is a big plus but not essential.
We offer a competitive salary that will reflect your skills and experience. Our benefits package includes 25 days' holiday, life assurance, cycle scheme, season ticket loan, discount gym membership and insurance, and a superb modern working environment.
Hours of work
Our standard working week is 37.5 hours, typically 0900 to 1730 from Monday to Friday
Either Farringdon, London, or Haywards Heath, Sussex, dependent on candidate preference