At Flock we’re having our very own ‘rocketship’ moment, growing faster than we ever imagined. We’re now looking for an experienced, results-driven Growth Marketer to head up our performance marketing efforts.
Over the last two years we’ve reinvented insurance from the ground up. And it’s working. Since launching Flock Cover (our pay-as-you-fly drone insurance app) we have on-boarded over 2,000 active users, maintaining exponential growth and delighting our customers in the process. We have embraced experimentation and tested exciting marketing initiatives, growing through a combination of partnerships, word-of-mouth, and online buzz. Now it’s time to take this up a notch. And that’s where you come in…
You will be overseeing our paid and unpaid marketing activities, both online and offline.
You’ll find and test new channels with a laser focus on our CPA, identifying and re-doubling efforts on whatever works. What would the CPA for Flock be of sponsoring drone conferences? Giving away free flights? Or flying marketing-drones over London? You’ll get to test your assumptions, both working alone, with the entire Flock team, or with our existing multinational partners, to identify and carve out a successful marketing strategy.
- Supercharge the growth of Flock’s user base, focusing on core metrics (such as the number of policies we sell per day).
- Analyse our reams of existing data to produce genuinely impactful insights.
- Engage with our customers to understand the areas that we need to improve on.
- Work with Flock’s data team to identify new usage-based KPIs.
- Experiment with different marketing channels (online and offline) to discover what strategies work best in our industry.
- Set up and run highly effective campaigns across all the channels we work with (and others that we might have missed).
- Generate new marketing and growth ideas, and engage the rest of the team to implement them.
- Collaborate with our product and tech teams, to identify and spec out new product features that will help Flock grow faster and retain users more reliably.
Your first 30 days
We imagine your first month will look something like this:
- Comprehensive onboarding to the industry, our customers and our product with the help of the whole Flock team
- Map out Flock’s existing marketing and growth efforts, and resulting attribution
- Deep-dive into Flock’s acquisition funnel, identifying missed opportunities and easy wins
- Develop and execute on five growth experiments with the support of our product and marketing teams
You should apply if some (or all) of the following are true:
- You’ve got demonstrable experience exponentially growing the user base and sales of a new product.
- You are data-driven, always looking to understand the numbers behind everything you do.
- You enjoy working in teams, but can also work well on your own, and you’re happy to get your hands dirty.
- You are an excellent communicator, and enjoy the challenge of making the complex seem simple.
- You’re more than able to multitask and adapt quickly to new situations.
- You’re happy to take ownership of a task from end to end.
- You have experience across a range of online and offline platforms (search, social, direct mail, email, etc.)
- You have a wealth of experience using data-tracking technologies.
- You have set-up and run successful digital ad campaigns.
- Apply on this page. Please explain (briefly) why you’re interested in this position and why you believe you’re the right person for this job, providing examples of your past achievements (if possible).
- We will schedule you in for an initial 10 minute phone conversation with Antton (Product Lead and founder).
- We will send over a short exercise for you to complete. This will test a range of skills, from technical to creative. No right or wrong answers here; we’re more interested in understanding your approach.
- You will be invited for an engaging on-site interview where you will present your exercise answers to various members of the team, including Antton, and Ed (CEO).
- Meet the entire team in a very casual setting for a friendly chat!