Are you a self-starter and phenomenal teammate? Are you keen to be part of the software development team of a fast-growing start-up? If so, look no further.
At Digital Fineprint, we're an insurtech start-up who recently won "Best Fintech Investment" in the UK, raising over $3million in funding to date and are now looking for a full-stack software engineer to join our growing team.
You will report to our CPO, working alongside our development team, playing a critical part in crafting, refining and supporting our technology stack, providing the architecture to help the business grow. We want all team members to be open to new challenges and, as we are a startup, you can expect that your day to day role will involve a lot of other interesting problems to tackle.
About you and what you'll be doing
- You will be building new, creative products on both the frontend and backend
- You will work with our existing development team on team projects
- You care about writing clean and efficient code
- You are comfortable in reviewing, testing, and debugging code
- You want to help shaping the direction of our company
- You are keen to use your previous experience of designing websites and user interfaces, with a modern HTML and CSS framework
- You are experienced with PHP7 or Python
- You want to explore both front-end and back-end development
- You're a keen learner, and are always looking to develop your skills
- Commercial web-development experience
- Experience with the Laravel PHP framework
- Experience with the Flask Python framework
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Experience with modern agile methodologies
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Experience in creating RESTful web services, and using other APIs (especially social media APIs)
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Allowance for software and learning resources
- Flexible working environment, including our office in South Bank
- Access to Perkbox
- Free beer, coffee, coconut water, cashew nuts and other treats
- Team lunches
- Team building activities
- Gym membership
- Experiencing life at a startup in one of the hottest parts of the market right now
We understand that the tech stack is important for you to know. Here’s an overview of what we’re using right now, but you’ll have an influence over our future stacks.
Microsoft kindly sponsored us with over $350,000 of credit for Azure by adding us to their Bizspark+ programme. You’ll have access to these credits to try things out. In addition, Amazon AWS kindly sponsored us with $100,000 of credits.
- PHP/Laravel (APIs).
- Python/R (Data Science)
- Postgres and MongoDB
- Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS platforms