Full stack SQL Engineer, City, London
Atticus is an established and evolving IT consultancy and software company serving the UK and London insurance market. We provide insurance clients with technology advice, project people and our innovative DQPro data monitoring software. Our business is built on a solid core foundation of ethics, integrity and quality in delivery to a valued customer base which includes many of the leading specialty insurance firms.
We are currently looking for a capable, full stack SQL Developer for a short contract to help us create additional mart and reporting functionality for our innovative data monitoring software. Our ideal candidate will be highly proficient with Microsoft SQL with an application (rather than EDW) focus.
You should have the following skills:
- Excellent SQL skills and experience, especially Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2/SQL Server 2012
- Full lifecycle development including unit testing
- Some C# would be desirable but is not essential
- The ability to understand and adhere to our development standards to ensure a high degree of design consistency
- Proactive and positive with the ability to propose solutions to challenges
- Strong interpersonal awareness and an ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical teams, senior management and stakeholders
- Organised and concise, producing all key development documentation to the highest standard, with an ability to work well under tight deadlines and manage your time to the plan in a busy and active environment.