At Flock we’re reinventing insurance from the ground up, and growing faster than we ever imagined. A year ago we launched Flock Cover, a risk management and insurance app for the rapidly expanding drone industry. We recently launched Flock Enterprise, the world’s first scalable, risk-based insurance product for global drone fleets. We’ve landed some of the world’s largest clients as beach-head enterprise customers, and now we’re on the hunt for London’s hottest Enterprise Insurance Broker, who will help to rapidly scale our book of business in the UK (and beyond).
As Flock’s Enterprise Insurance Broker you will lead on Flock’s enterprise sales, working closely with our insurance partners and selling our data-driven insurance products to the world’s largest drone enterprises.
The ideal candidate is a tenacious and innovative salesperson, feels at home speaking about both insurance and technology, is brilliant at building and maintaining relationships with key accounts, and has the ambition to take a world-first product truly global. You will work closely with our highly experienced Product team, Growth team, Insurance team and CEO to establish Flock as the de-facto global leader in the drone insurance industry.
You will report directly to the CEO and will ultimately be responsible for hitting ambitious sales quotas and landing the world’s largest clients. If you have outstanding knowledge of insurance, brilliant communication skills, and a knack for sales, we would love to meet you.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Design and implement a strategic sales plan that expands Flock’s enterprise customer base and ensures our strong presence in the market
- Establish and build relationships with drone enterprises in the UK (and abroad)
- Give presentations and product demos to both insurers and key clients
- Close consultative insurance sales, helping our clients to understand the full value of Flock's drone risk intelligence platform
- Continuously build relationships and work closely with our growing number of insurance carriers, to ensure we have relevant coverage in place for major clients
- Constantly identify customer needs and wants, working closely with our Product team to innovate new solutions
- Follow rapidly evolving market trends, continuously brushing up on your knowledge of cutting-edge products and services (in the drone & insurtech spaces)
- Proven experience as a successful insurance broker, underwriter, or insurance account executive, with the ability to confidently sell insurance products both in the UK and abroad
- A strong understanding of the insurance value chain
- An understanding of insurance policies wordings with the ability to modify and draft as required
- Experience negotiating coverages and prices with insurance capacity partners
- Finance skills, such as the ability to prepare and present sales forecasts
- Solid understanding of basic statistics and technology, and comfortable talking through mathematical concepts and pricing strategies
- Strong negotiation skills, with an enthusiastic problem-solving attitude and a strong sense of ownership
- Availability to travel as required
Bonus points (not required!)
- Hands on experience with CRM software and Account management systems
- Previous work experience in/a keen interest in the drone industry
- UK Driving licence and CII qualification
- Experience working in a rapid-growth startup