Cover Genius was recently named Australia’s fastest growing company by Smart Company. This is an opportunity to become part of the next product that disrupts the World's largest industry. And you get to do it where the model is proven and growth is accelerating!
We distribute insurance products to the largest e-commerce sites globally via a B2B platform. Our first product to market, RentalCover.com, has been an outstanding B2B and B2C success within the travel insurance space.
The Compliance Officer role will be responsible for providing day to day compliance advice and support to various business activities across Cover Genius Group, including the provision of insurance mediation for both Cover Genius and its Appointed Representatives. This will involve working closely with senior leadership and following the approved Risk Governance Frameworks in place. The role will include Compliance Monitoring across the whole business globally. The role presents significant opportunities for the right candidate, given Cover Genius’ global recognition, excellent track record and hockey stick growth.
We are looking for self-starters that are passionate about new technology and innovation, that have a “can do” attitude and who work well within startup environments where needs and roles can change quickly. Needless to say, we are not your average insurance company!
- Monitor industry and regulatory developments relevant to the business and Cover Genius as a whole
- Interpret regulatory rules and work with the business to ensure compliance is maintained as regulations change and industry understanding evolves and develops
- Partner with the business to enhance and foster a culture of compliance and professionalism
- Provide advice and guidance to Cover Genius' clients in respect of ad-hoc queries and new projects
- Work with the business to design new (and/or enhance existing) procedures that are both compliant and business efficient
- Support colleagues and the business to manage regulatory and other business risks
- Identify regulatory and business risks and develop the control environment accordingly
- Undertake monitoring activity (including office visits) to identify weaknesses in the control environment and breaches. Work with the business on appropriate action to be taken to manage any breach and ensure controls are established to minimise the likelihood of, and /or impact of further breaches
- Manage complaints process end to end
- Monitor and report to senior management on Appointed Representatives
- Provide accurate and timely management information, analysis and reports to the senior management.
- Ensure required reporting to the FCA and any other regulators and third parties is completed as required
- Participate in regulatory change management and/or business projects and providing the appropriate regulatory guidance to the business on these projects
- Ensure the business satisfies regulatory changes such as GDPR and IDD
- University degree in a related field
- Relevant professional qualifications
- 5+ years of experience working in insurance
- UK and Europe regulation and compliance rules and requirements
- Proven track record of managing compliance for an underwriter or insurance broker
- Experience developing and managing compliance programs and projects plans
- Excellent people management and engagement skills
- Excellent client facing skills
- Demonstrated stakeholder management skills in enterprise environments
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lloyds regulation
- Demonstrated passion for the internet, technology, startups etc with interest in insurtech
- Experience building business cases, pricing analysis and financial models for insurance products, or other lines of business
- Passion, drive, confidence and commitment
Nice to have
- Experience in insurance products including underwriting and pricing would be highly regarded
- Experience in running compliance and knowledge on other countries and regulatory frameworks such as Canada, USA, Australasia
- Knowledge of GDPR and IDD requirements
- Our core values are transparency; make it your own and; create magic. Our team connects with our mission and lives these values every single day.
- Our team enjoys the continuous challenges that fast growth brings, and consequently successes are celebrated thoroughly.
- Our Mission is to help global eCommerce businesses distribute insurance to their global customers.
- Our team is part of a unique company culture that values innovation, transparency and input.
- We have been recognised as the fastest growing company in Australia by Smart Company whose “Smart 50” award monitors the fastest growing companies in Australia based on growth over a 3 year period. Our growth rate of 2600% over that period has been achieved due to our ability to apply technology solutions to underserved opportunities for insurance distribution.
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join an early-to-mid stage startup where the partnership agreements are in-place and the team is well established.
- Salary Negotiable
- A generous Employee Options Package applies for permanent roles at Cover Genius.
- Based in Finsbury Square, London
- Opportunity to travel extensively within Europe, Australia and the USA
- High energy, fast paced and inclusive working environment