We’re looking for a proactive and ambitious Software Sales expert to join our innovative and dynamic company. With over US$3m in VC investment, we are expanding our team and want you to be a part of the growth journey. Our office is based near London Bridge and we are also expanding internationally, so this is an exciting time to join our growing company.
You are a confident, outgoing person who will be willing to help develop and maximise the impact of our business and sales activities, ultimately owning the end to end process and becoming the sales champion for the whole business.
Who we are:
Digital Fineprint is a multi-award winning insurtech start-up based in London. Our mission is to leverage digital, machine learning and big data technologies to help insurance companies optimise their sales distribution performance. Supported by over $3m in funding from Pentech Ventures (the first investors in Nutmeg and Fanduel, a unicorn), Eos Venture Partners and FOM Capital, DFP is already working with insurers such as Hiscox, QBE and Zurich’s subsidiary Tennyson. Our management team come from a background in private equity, data science, web development and technology (Twitter, Strategy&, Sovereign Capital) and the company launched out of Oxford University in 2016.
We're just 18 months old and with our new investors we are expanding the team quickly. We are currently a team of 16 but by the time you join, we could well have reached over 20. That's how fast we are growing!
What you will be doing:
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious business development and sales professional who is seeking a new challenge, and looking to work in a fast-paced environment with aspirations of breaking into new markets and geographies for the organisation. As you will be promoting and selling our software solutions and services, experience delivering top-line growth in technology or SaaS businesses is essential to excel in this role. Experience selling into insurance companies is helpful but not essential.
The role will involve regular client visits and account management, and the successful candidate will have opportunities to travel throughout the UK and internationally. You'll also gain exposure to all parts of the business and learn new skills, from engineering to tech and marketing to operations, via our regular team 'sprints'.
Working with and reporting directly to our CEO and COO, you will liaise closely with marketing and product teams to optimise our sales process. We need someone who can take a step back and think strategically but who will also roll their sleeves up and deliver against key growth KPIs. Some of the things you will be doing include:
- Conducting research into the insurance sector to develop and refine our prospects list
- Identifying key stakeholders, and then proactively approaching and engaging with them to build a relationship
- Rapidly understanding our clients needs and then matching these to the benefits of using our software
- Thinking on your feet to build proposals and contracts based on our solution set
- Working with our engineering, data science and marketing teams to feedback and develop product strategies
- Leading on the creation of a top-notch sales team, including hiring, training and motivating new team members
- Create strategies and initiatives to scale the business internationally
- Ultimately having the opportunity to take on a more senior role within the business to help shape the future of the company
We like to nurture talent and want to ensure members of our team keep developing and honing their skills. For example, we offer subscriptions to online courses, encourage participation in hackathons, and attendance at conferences and training events, because we believe in using the right tools for the job and that this may involve spending time learning them along the way. We’re a growing, passionate and hard working team, and we like to take care of our employees with benefits such as:
- Competitive salary and share option scheme (depending on experience)
- Bonus commission (which could be as high as £50-80k per year)
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Allowance for learning resources
- Flexible working environment, including our office in South Bank
- Access to Perkbox
- Free beer, coffee, coconut water, cashew nuts and other treats
- Team lunches
- Team building activities
- Sanctus coaching (for personal development and mental health)
- Subsidised gym membership
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Experiencing life at a startup in one of the hottest parts of the market right now
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.