At Flock we’re having our very own ‘rocketship’ moment, growing faster than we ever imagined. One year ago we launched Flock Cover, the world’s first drone safety and insurance app. We now work with partners up and down the country, from flight schools to retailers, insurers to global manufacturers, to get our app into the hands of thousands of happy customers. We’re on the hunt for a driven, hands-on account manager to help us grow our partner network in the UK (and beyond...).
As Flock’s Account Manager you will play a critical role in building relationships with our entire range of partners, from specialist distribution partners through to large-scale international enterprise clients. An ideal candidate should be entrepreneurial, tenacious, 100% on top of client relationship management, and a creative thinker - always going the extra mile to identify new opportunities to delight partners and increase sales. In your day-to-day, you will work closely with our network of partners to ensure they have everything they need to sell (and purchase) our rapidly expanding range of products.
You will work closely with our Growth Marketing team, Sales Lead, and CEO to establish Flock as the de-facto leader in the industry. You will ultimately be responsible for smashing sales quotas and strategic account targets.
This is a full-on role with massive potential for personal growth; if you're up for the challenge, have outstanding communication skills, and a knack for sales, we would love to meet you.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Manage our rapidly growing key accounts portfolio, as well as identify and approach new potential customers
- Confidently give pitches and presentations to our partners and enterprises clients
- Establish and maintain strong, long-term client relationships, communicating with major clients on a regular basis and responding to queries in a timely manner
- Work with our product team to come up with new products to help our clients
- Work with our sales lead and CEO to define a partnership roadmap and ongoing sales strategy
- Proven experience as an Account Manager or Salesperson in a customer-facing role
- Experience working in a B2B environment with demonstrable success
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a knack for building strong client relationships
- Strong negotiation skills, with an enthusiastic problem-solving attitude and a strong sense of ownership
- Availability to travel as required
Skills you’ll be putting into practice include some or all of the below. Don’t know them yet? No problem - we’ll teach you!
- An ability to handle high-pressure scenarios (such as customer and partner issues) in a timely and effective manner
- A close attention to detail, as well as the ability to constantly monitor sales performance metrics, and actively suggest reporting methods and improvements
- Accounting and finance skills, such as the ability to prepare quarterly and annual reports and sales forecasts
- An ability to confidently sell products in a regulated industry
- Hands on experience with CRM software and Account management systems
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Previous sales experience in /a keen interest in the drone industry
- Experience working in a rapid-growth startup
- UK Driving licence
- Apply on this page. Submit your CV alongside a short Cover Letter explaining (briefly) why you’re interested in this position and why you believe you’re the right person for this job. Please provide examples of your past work and achievements.
- A 20-minute phone call with Ed (our CEO) to talk through your application
- We will ask you to do a take-home exercise that consists of putting together a mini-presentation for one of our partners. During the exercise, you will be able to demonstrate your ability to creatively upsell, identify client problems and pitch to key partners.
- You will be invited for an on-site interview where you will deliver your presentation to various members of the team, including Ed (CEO) and Tim (Sales Lead). You will then have the opportunity to ask any questions, explore the role more deeply, and meet the rest of the team in a friendly setting.